I made a simple dietary change recently. Each morning I begin with a lukewarm glass of water with fresh lemon juice. It was Simon Cowell of American Idol fame that actually led me to researching the benefits. You see, it was the 4th time I had heard somebody mention the great benefits of adding a cup of water and fresh lemon juice to your daily routine. What I found was amazing, and the results, thus far, amazing as well!
Lemon water, oh how I love you. Let me count the ways!
1. It's great for your skin! It contains vitamic C which helps fight wrinkles and that nasty little aging process.
2. It has somehow reduced my craving for coffee in the morning. I haven't found scientific evidence showing why, maybe it's in my head, but it's a good thing!
3. Aids the liver in removing toxins.
4. Improves the digestive process.
5. Improves symptoms of heartburn.
6. Reduces constipation
7. Is a natural diuretic which helps with bloating. This also helps flush toxins and bacteria from the body.
8. Best of all....IT AIDS IN WEIGHT LOSS!!!!! I lost 7lbs. in the first 7 days. Now don't go thinking you can just drink lemon water and lose weight...I have also been running again, weight training, using www.livestrong.com to track my calories, and adjusted many of my poor eating habits. I just haven't seen such a large number in just 1 week before.
I drink my lemon water first thing in the morning as this is best, but can be beneficial when taken a half hour prior to eating as well.
Now run to the store and buy yourself some lemons!
For further reading, check out these sites: