-8oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
-1 T olive oil
-3 healthy handfuls of baby spinach
-1/2 cup ham, chopped (I like smoked)
-8 eggs scrambled
-1/4 cup of skim milk
-3 green onions, white part only, save green tops for garnish
-1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
-1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
Preheat oven to 350º
Use an oven safe pan. I used a 12" Le Creuset.
1. Heat chopped ham for a few minutes and remove from pan and reserve for later.
2. Cook mushrooms in a tablespoon of olive oil or bacon grease for about 5 minutes.
3. Add green onions and cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Then toss in the spinach and cook until wilted, stirring frequently.
5. Add ham and mix.
6. Scramble eggs and milk well and pour over all ingredients.
7. Let cook on stove top for 2 minutes.
8. Pop in oven for 15-20 minutes or until done.
9. Sprinkle on cheese and heat for an additional minute.
10. Add green onions on top for garnish.
This was so tasty. My husband, who typically makes omelets on Saturdays, said there is no need for him to make omelets anymore. We had the frittata for lunch and felt quite satisfied!
Linking up to Lady Behind the Curtain.